We all face situations where we must choose which emotions and impulses to act on. When we can regulate our own emotions, we are better able to communicate with others, maintain a positive attitude, and work well under stress. This course will discuss the difference between self-awareness and self-regulation, and how to apply self-regulation skills in the workplace.
Course Quick Facts:
- Duration: 7 minutes
- Downloadable Handout: Yes
- Series Title: Thriving Through Emotional Intelligence
- Understand the difference between self-awareness and self-regulation;
- Identify techniques for developing self-regulation such as deep breathing, reframing thoughts, and taking breaks;
- Demonstrate self-regulation by applying techniques to workplace scenarios;